PhD, University of Washington (USA)
MS, University of Washington (USA), Civil Engineering
BS, University of Washington (USA), Civil Engineering
Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics: Gravity Currents, Hydraulic Jumps; Coastal Hydrodynamics: Mechanics of Edge Waves, Tsunami Runup, Storm Tide; Air and Water Quality: modelling and Forecast
2022 – present: Vice Rector (Student Affairs), University of Macau
2022 – present: Interim College Master, HFPJC, University of Macau
2005 – present: Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Macau
2017 – 2022: College Master, HFPJC, University of Macau
2009 – 2019: Founding Dean, Honours College, University of Macau
2013 March: Visiting Scholar, University of Aveiro
2007 – 2009: Dean, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau
2002 August: Visiting Faculty, University of Washington
2000 – 2005: Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Macau
1997 – 2007: Associate Dean, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau
1993 – 2000: Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Macau
1992 – 1993: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, University of Washington
1991: Hydraulic Engineer, EA Engineering, Science and Technology
Personal Interests and Pursuits at HFPJC
Continue the College’s culture of nurturing students to develop deeper engagement with society. Develop a diversified yet inclusive community life in the College, where you will find harmony without uniformity.
- Inspire students to set and achieve challenging goals.
- Enable students to live a healthy lifestyle in the College, where there is always fun for everyone.
- Encourage students to explore and exploit their creativity and productivity.
- Urge students to appreciate others and enjoy teamwork – you will find that everyone has something to contribute.
- Personal interests include: keeping abreast of the times, living, healthy and balanced lifestyle, indulging in sparkling conversations with students, seeing the students grow academically, morally and socially, gathering with friends and family, appreciating mechanical timepieces, enjoying good movies
Academic & Community Service