The mission of our College is, in line with ambitions articulated by the University of Macau’s strategic plan, to develop a first-class collegiate community through which members will develop a mature understanding of personal and community issues, along with a flexible and mature global vision. College members will enrich their university experience through participation in inter-disciplinary learning. Experiential learning and personal development are paramount in our thinking, and will be accomplished through involvement in a rich program of social, physical, moral, cultural and intellectual pursuits.
To build a vibrant, healthy, collegiate community this is recognized for the following characteristics:
- Possessing the ability to instill in its members skills for life-long learning.
- Through a rich variety of programs introducing our members to experiences and issues outside the normal parameters of their academic discipline.
- Developing a strong ethical sense where personal responsibility and freedom of speech are balanced in a mature, constructive way.
- Building a safe environment where students can try and succeed and try and, from time to time, fail—both providing valuable experience in building character.
- Providing leadership experience and development through College structures and programs which prepare our members for a lifetime of management responsibility.
- To be known for inclusivity, open-mindedness, flexibility, and mutual support.
- To allow university faculty to integrate into the social fabric of the student body, unifying both groups through adventures in shared interests.